Bourbon Bacon Brown Butter Tarts
Prep Time: 10 min. - Cook Time: 30 min. - Total Time: 40 min.
- 4 slices Goodnight Brothers Hickory Smoked Dry Cured Bacon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 12 frozen tart shells (3 inch), thawed according to package directions
- Cook bacon in skillet set over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until fat is rendered and bacon is golden and crisp around edges. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Let cool completely and chop.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Set rack to lowest position. Heat butter and vanilla bean seeds in skillet set over medium-high heat, swirling pan, for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter stops frothing and turns light brown color. Remove from heat; let cool.
- In bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, brown butter mixture and bourbon. Place chopped bacon in bottom of each tart shell. Spoon filling into pastry shells, about two-thirds full.
- Place tarts on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is puffed and bubbly and pastry is golden brown. Transfer to rack. Let cool completely.
Tip: Chocolate lovers can add a few dark chocolate chips to each tart.